Black Mountain is a quaint, laid back mountain town just east of Asheville that offers a great blend of mountain charm, peace and tranquility and small town feels. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing escape to unwind with a cup of coffee looking at the Blue Ridge Mountains, or want to hike and have outdoor adventure, Black Mountain is the perfect spot for your next vacation. Oh and better yet, it’s a very dog-friendly place too!
TRAVELING WITH YOUR DOG TO A PET-FRIENDLY CABIN
Sometimes you want to take your furry friends with you on vacation. However it can be difficult finding a destination that has beautiful views, gorgeous accommodation, great options for dining, and places that your pup is welcome. Luckily the North Carolina cabin rentals, High Rock Rentals, and the mountains surrounding Black Mountain and Asheville are a perfect blend of all these wants wrapped up into one laid back package. Let High Rock Rentals be your home away from home on your next memorable log cabin vacation in the North Carolina mountains.
PET-FRIENDLY TIPS (KEEPING THE DOG AND CABIN SAFE)
1. Bring all your pups medication and food. Nothing is worse than running out of your doggies favorite kibble on the road, so make sure to bring plenty of food (and maybe a little extra) so you’re not scrambling to find their food. Also make sure you pack any medications they need. You can access emergency medical care at MedVet in Asheville.
2. Pack the gear. Your dogs need some accessories too, so while you’re packing up the family don’t forget the much needed things like a leash, an extra collar, harness, collapsible food and water bowls. This all in one waterbottle/bowl is a great find.
3. The comforts of home. Make your dog feel right at ease by bringing their favorite bed, blankets, toys, and chewies. This helps bring some familiarity into the house and makes them feel less anxious about a new environment.
4. Baby gates and crates. If you’re going to be gone for a little bit and your canine friend isn’t coming with you, then bring some baby gates to help pen them into a particular area to avoid the wandering mischievousness or crate them if that is what they are used to.
5. Play the tunes. If you do have to leave your dog at home for a little while unattended, turn on a radio to help with some background noise. It’ll help take the scary unknown house noises out, and will help prevent the incessant barking at random noises.
6. Clean up after your pet. Be prepared and bring your doggie bags with you on your hikes. A pooper-scooper will be supplied at your cabin to clean up after your pet around the cabin and a vacuum will be available to keep the pets hair in check.
Many people head to the mountains to get out and explore and no wonder, the Blue Ridge Mountains are absolutely beautiful. Luckily there are plenty of dog-friendly hikes that both you and your canine friend will enjoy! Here are two great hiking trails:
Lookout Trail: an easy 1.5 miles roundtrip hike (but you can add on other paths to make it longer or harder) that gives you a beautiful view of the Seven Sisters Mountain range as well as beautiful vegetation along the way.
Max Patch: a very popular trail along the Blue Ridge Parkway, this moderate 1.7 mile round trip hike will provide beautiful views of Mount Mitchell as well as the Great Smokey Mountains. You’ll find plenty of little stopping spots along the way but with beautiful 360 degree views no matter where you look it's spectcular.
Sips, Treats and Eats
Grab a craft beer or two and enjoy the tasting room or outdoor patio where leashed pets are welcomed. They have water bowls and doggy treats on hand to make them feel right at home too.
Located in the charming town of Black Mountain, Bone-A-Fide Pet Boutique will make any dog’s tail wag when they pop in. Stop by for a gourmet doggy treat or a cute accessory like a new chew toy or hiking booties.
Sierra Nevada, a popular brewery in the neighboring Asheville area has a great outdoor patio that is canine-friendly. Grab some friends, taste a flight, and your dog can enjoy the shade on a nice fall day.
Staying at a Black Mountain NC cabin rental is the perfect option for you and your four-legged friend. Whether you want to get out and explore the charming town, have a quiet relaxing retreat at home, or hit the trails and see the beauty of the mountains, you won’t regret your next vacation in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains!